I want to develop a feature that imports an excel file which can have large numbers of rows and fixed columns. My application should process my validations on the uploaded data and show validation summary statistics and ask confirmation from the user to
proceed with the import.
Please advise the best practice approaches for implementaion of such a feature in asp.net website.
Should I make use of a temporary table before my final import for such a scenario ?
paras.m
which can have large numbers of rows and fixed columns......
Should I make use of a temporary table before my final import for such a scenario ?
If you think you might have problems with available memory on the server for potentially "large" numbers of rows etc, then a temp table would be a good solution.
Hi i have done something similar and I used staging tables. The basic process I followed was
- User uploads file
- file is loaded into a staging table
- validation runs against the records in the staging stable
- results are shown to the user
- the user can edit and revalidate values when necessary
- user submits validatied records
- data is moved from staging to final location
沒有留言:
張貼留言